The High Performance Computing (HPC) system was supplied by ClusterVision and consists of:
- 512 compute nodes in Huawei X6000 quad-node chassis, each with:
- 28 cores, in the form of two Intel Xeon E5-2680v4 at 2.40 GHz (base), and 128 GB of memory giving a total of 14,336 cores and 64 TB of memory.
- 1 Petabyte of disk storage, delivered via GPFS from four storage nodes.
- A Mellanox EDR Infiniband high-performance internal network. This is structured hierarchically, with islands of 27 nodes (756 cores) connected at full EDR bandwith, and the islands are then connected to the core of the network at one-third bandwidth.
- 5 POWER8 compute nodes, each with 20 cores (2.9 GHz) and 1 TB of memory.
One of the POWER8 nodes also has two Nvidia GP100 GPGPU cards, connected via NVlink.