- This event has passed.
August 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*** Due to the late availability of the GPFS patches, if compatibility is confirmed between GPFS 4.2.3-6 servers and 4.2.3-9 clients, then the server side may not be updated, to reduce the risk of data loss, and this part of the change deferred until September.***
This patching period will involve the following changes:
- Login Nodes
- Security patching on the login nodes.
- Additional X11 libraries to support light visualisation on these nodes.
- GPFS version update from 4.2.3-6 to 4.2.3-9
- OpenPOWER nodes
- Security patching
- GPFS version update to 4.2.3-9
- Recreation of NVMe file system
- Compute nodes
- Creation of a node image supporting GPFS 4.2.3-9, to be progressively rolled out.
There will be brief outage of the login nodes between 10am-11am.