The libarchive library features:
- Support for a variety of archive and compression formats.
- Robust automatic format detection, including archive/compression combinations such as tar.gz.
- Zero-copy internal architecture for high performance.
- Streaming architecture eliminates all limits on size of archive, limits on entry sizes depend on particular formats.
- Carefully factored code to minimize bloat when programs are statically linked.
- Growing test suite to verify correctness of new ports.
- Works on most POSIX-like systems (including FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- Supports Windows, including Cygwin, MinGW, and Visual Studio.
- The bsdtar and bsdcpio command-line utilities are feature- and performance-competitive with other tar and cpio implementations:
- Reads a variety of formats, including:
- ISO images.
- Writes tar
- shar archives.
- Automatically handles archives compressed with gzip, bzip2, lzip, xz, lzma, or compress.
- Unique format conversion feature.
module load site-local
module load libagg/2.5/1
Example Job Scripts